Please view the 2019 Regional Pre-K Transition Forum Flyer to find a forum in your area. Note that this flyer contains the update to the date and time for the forum being held at LEARN.
The Second Annual Paraeducator Development and Leadership Symposium supporting social and emotional learning will be held Thursday, November 16, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Legislative Office Building in Hartford. For detailed information related to this important event, please view this symposium announcement: Paraeducator Symposium 17-18 Announcement.
Thanks to the sponsorship of the Collaboration for Effective Educator Development, Accountability, and Reform (CEEDAR) Center at the University of Florida and the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) at the U.S. Department of Education, the Connecticut State Department of Education presents this conference as a culminating, scale-up event. Join us in showcasing the notable work done in Connecticut focused on training pre-service candidates in evidence-based practices to support students with disabilities, struggling learners and English learners.
The Department is pleased to present two renown keynote speakers: Dr. Deborah Ball and Dr. Kenneth Zeichner. In addition to encouraging conference attendance, faculty and candidates from all institutions are encouraged to propose presentations or poster sessions in alignment with conference themes. The RFP for presentations or poster session proposals is attached and due by April 3, 2017. Registration information will be made available at the end of April 2017.
The Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) in partnership with the State Education Resource Center (SERC) is offering four professional learning opportunities related to Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD)/Dyslexia. In addition to these important SLD/Dyslexia learning opportunities, the CSDE/SERC partnership has planned an exciting Transition to Careers conference.
Please review the links below to learn more!
The Bureau of Special Education’s 12th Annual Back to School Meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 16, 2015, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cromwell, CT.
Registration information will be sent out at the end of August.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Please plan to join us on September 17, 2014, for the 11th Annual Connecticut State Department of Education, Bureau of Special Education Back to School Meeting.
For details and registration information, please view the meeting flyer below.
Please see the attached flier for The Power of Paraeducators: A Pathway to Excellence conference to be held on April 16-18, 2015, at the Hilton Hartford Hotel.
Please review the bulleted items below related to the timely and accurate submission of specific State data collections.
- ED166 – Discipline – Accurate Due Date: August 20, 2014
- Due Process Resolution Meetings – Timely/Accurate Due Date: August 9, 2014
- Restraint and Seclusion – Timely Due Date: July 20, 2014
- Restraint and Seclusion – Accurate Due Date: August 31, 2014
- Evaluation Timelines – Timely Due Date: August 15, 2014
- Exiters PSIS/SEDAC – Timely Due Date: September 15, 2014
- Exiters PSIS/SEDAC – Accurate Due Date: September 30, 2014
To review a copy of the 2014-15 Timely and Accurate Calendar, please click on the link below:
Please plan to join us on September 17, 2014,
for the 11th Annual Connecticut State Department of Education,
Bureau of Special Education Back to School Meeting.
- PSIS October 2013 Collection – Timely Due Date: October 15, 2013
- PSIS October 2013 Collection – Accurate Due Date: October 29, 2013
- ECO – Timely Due Date: November 1, 2013
- ECO – Accurate Due Date: November 15, 2013
- Evaluation Timelines – Accurate Due Date: November 30, 2013
- SEDAC – Oct 1 Child Count Timely Due Date: December 5, 2013
- SEDAC – Oct 1 Child Count Accurate Due Date: December 20, 2013
Click for the Timely and Accurate Calendar: