The Connecticut State Department of Education, in collaboration with the State Education Resource Center (SERC), are offering the following Specific Learning Disability (SLD) and SLD/Dyslexia FREE online modules, which are available for immediate access on the Canvas Learning Management System.
- Increasing Awareness of SLD/Dyslexia: Implications for Connecticut Educators
- Using Literacy Screening Data to Support Students with Reading Difficulties
- Remediating and Accommodating Students with SLD/Dyslexia at the Secondary Level
- Identifying Students with SLD/Dyslexia: An Online Module
- It’s Never Too Late: How to Motivate and Teach Older Struggling Readers with SLD/Dyslexia
- Case Study Review of a Connecticut Student with SLD/Dyslexia
- SLD/Dyslexia: Connecting Research to Practice in Connecticut
- Identifying Students who are Gifted and Talented and have SLD or SLD/Dyslexia
- Distinguishing Between Typically Developing English Learners (ELs) and Students with Reading Difficulties
To learn more about these modules and/or for information on how to register, please see the attached flyer: CSDE/SERC 2021-22 Specific Learning Disability (SLD) and SLD/Dyslexia FREE Online Modules.
If you have questions regarding registration, please contact: Lauren Johns, SERC Project Specialist, by phone at 860-632-1485, ext. 256, or by email at email@example.com.
If you have questions regarding content, please contact: Claire Conroy, SERC Consultant, by phone at 860-632-1485, ext. 326, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions regarding Canvas access, please contact: Greg Glidden, SERC Consultant/Webmaster, by phone at 860-632-1485, ext. 380, or by email at email@example.com.