The CSDE is pleased and excited to announce the publication of the Guidelines for the Practice of School Psychology!
The Guidelines were last revised/published in 2004. This document is the result of a collaborative process involving a dedicated group of outside stakeholders and the CSDE. The project began under the leadership of then-Bureau of Special Education, Education Consultant, Jocelyn Mackey and was continued and completed by a group of school psychologists led by Dr. Michael Regan and the RESC ALLIANCE.
The Guidelines delineate the many ways school psychologists can support the educational process and contain not only a mission and philosophy, but also important information related to scope of practice, professional standards, ethics, professional development, supervision and evaluation, best practices and more. This important resource is designed to be used as a day-to-day resource by those who practice school psychology as well as individuals who supervise them.
The CSDE is planning to release a 20-minute high level webinar of the document in the near future. There will also be opportunities for further training/technical assistance sessions.
The document can be found on the CSDE school psychology page: https://portal.ct.gov/SDE/Special-Education/School-Psychology/School-Psychology
or accessed directly at: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/SDE/Special-Education/School-Psychology/GuidelinesSchoolPsychology.pdf
- Assistive Technology (AT) Community of Practice (CoP) February 17, 2021
- The “INs and OUTs” of IDEA Part B Section 611/619 Grant – a Statewide Training for New Special Education Directors, IDEA Part B Grant Managers and Fiscal Officers
- Progress Monitoring During the Pandemic – A Conversation for Early Childhood Administrators and Educators
- Pandemic-Related Transitions: P-3 Learning Contexts Webinar
- Early Childhood Special Education Evaluations: COVID and Beyond
- CT 6th Annual Secondary Transition Symposium – VIRTUAL Event
- *NEW DATES ADDED* – CSDE/RESC Alliance Structured Literacy Series: Systematic Teaching of Basic Literacy Skills – VIRTUAL Workshop
- UPDATE! SAVE THE DATE for a Presentation for Connecticut by the Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (ECTA)
- SAVE THE DATES! Related Services Communities of Practice January/February 2021