Supporting Parents/Caregivers of Students with High Needs During the COVID-19 Pandemic Resource Guide & Webinar Series
The Bureau of Special Education is excited to share with you some Professional Support Series webinars and resources, which can be found on the CSDE Professional Support Series for Families webpage and CSDE Professional Support Series for Districts webpage (in the Guidance on Special Education section).
Overview and Getting Started Section
The CT State Department of Education, the RESC Alliance, the Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center (CPAC), and the CT Association of Private Special Education Facilities (CAPSEF) are collaborating to provide guidance, tools, and resources for parents and caregivers of students with high needs during the COVID-19 pandemic. During this recorded session, we will provide families and educators with overview of a new resource designed for parents/caregivers to support your efforts to engage your child/young adult in continued educational opportunities in the home environment.
Presenters: Colleen Hayles, Education Consultant, CSDE; Alycia M. Trakas, Education Consultant, CSDE; Deborah Richards, Director of Student Services, CREC; Nicole Natale, Senior Education Specialist, CREC
- Download the presentation
- Supporting Parents/Caregivers of Students with High Needs During the COVID-19 Pandemic Resource Guide
- Supporting Parents/Caregivers of Students with High Needs During the COVID-19 Pandemic One-Pager
Future Webinar Series Sections include:
- Life-Skills and Self-Help Skills;
- Communication Skills;
- Science, Social Studies, and Current Events;
- Physical Activity and Mobility;
- Sensory Activities; and
- Play and Leisure.