The CT Office of Early Childhood (OEC) is collaborating with EASTCONN to conduct a study on the reliability of scoring using CT DOTS. They are looking for individuals who have general experience with assessment to participate in this study, including infant/toddler teachers, preschool teachers, special education teachers, early interventionists. Participants do not need to have extensive knowledge or familiarity with CT DOTS to participate.
All participants will engage in the following process:
- Participants will provide limited background information. No personally identifiable information will be gathered.
- Participants can select the age ranges for which they have experience and education and would be able to conducting “scoring”. The three age range options for this study are infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Participants will view data examples for all relevant observation progressions for each age range selected (17 for infants, 24 for toddlers, and 26 for preschool). For each observation progression there will be three data points to review through an online portal and one score to submit.
- Based upon the data provided, participants will check a box on a summary sheet indicating the skill level best represented by the evidence presented.
- Participants will have 2 weeks in mid-January to review the data and submit completed child summary forms by scanning or submitting a photograph of their scoring sheet.
If you are interested in participating in this study, please complete the following survey.
Please note that this study was reviewed by the OEC Institutional Review Board as has been considered exempt due to the nature of this study.