Notifications will also be sent by email.
Directors of Special Education and Pupil Personnel Services and Transition Contact Persons:
The Bureau of Special Education is engaged in a partnership with the Department of Rehabilitation Services and the Department of Developmental Services to assist in supporting students who will be transitioning to adult supports and services.
This posting provides you with the following links:
- A revised memorandum related to WIOA Section 511 with detailed instructions for completing and submitting the WIOA Section 511 Transition Services Documentation form,
- WIOA Section 511 LEA Documentation Requirements, and
- the WIOA Section 511 Transition Services Documentation form.
Summary of requirements for your District’s DDS students exiting school in 2018 who are known to be seeking subminimum wage employment.
By June 15, 2018, please complete the following items:
- Complete the attached WIOA Section 511 Transition Services Documentation form and attach the student’s most recent IEP. Complete one form for each DDS student who will be graduating or aging-out in June of 2018 that the LEA is aware of who will be seeking subminimum wage employment after leaving high school.
- Submit the completed form and the student’s most recent IEP to André Pope (DORS) via mail or fax – confidential student information may not be submitted by email unless it is encrypted. For students who are consumers of DDS and who are outplaced either in an Approved Private Special Education Program (APSEP) or in a Regional Education Service Center (RESC), the sending LEA is responsible for submitting the Section 511 documentation to DORS.
- Provide the parent or guardian of the student with a copy of the submitted form and IEP.
Please read the memorandum and accompanying materials prior to completing this task.
WIOA Section 511 LEA Transition Documentation Memo.
WIOA Section 511 LEA Documentation Requirements.
WIOA Section 511 Transition Services Documentation Form.